No matter way system you use to solve odor issues, you may be only solving one part of the overall problem. Not to mention that odors may be embedded meaning they may return after the treatment has be applied.
There is a a lot of interest in the service industry concerning remediaiton products. Ozone is a gas system that creates ozone in high concentrations to treat odor, mold, or infection problems. The upside of gas is that it is taken from the natural supply of oxygen in the air, and reverts back to normal oxygen about a half hour later. The downside is the length of time it takes to perform a remediation, and the ligering ozone smell once the treament is complate.
This is an important message to all ozone-type businesses who have found that they spend more time explaining or defending ozone as a great solution for many environmental ills. Why is ozone the first or only thing we present? Does a mechanic explain how a torque wrench works, or does he fix the car?
We have decided it is time to start a warlike campaign against ozone abuse. That may sound radical, but we have seen a geological shift in the landscape of ozone treatments.
There is an occasional issue that we hear about at the offices of the National Ozone Association, and that is over-treatment of house, room, or building during an ozone treatment. Think of ozone as you might any remediation or cleaning product. You can use too little, or too much. Think of cleaning with something as simple as water. Cleaning a very dirty floor with too little water will make mud.
Misinformation is to the Internet as rumors are to high school. The truth may be quite different from the rumor, but if it is repeated often enough ... the lie starts to sound like the truth. And, I have heard more than my fair share of half-truths and malicious rumors about ozone.
Here is the latest misleading comment, "Ozone is a noxious gas". Really? Noxious by definition is "poisonous, toxic, deadly, harmful, and dangerous". Is this how you really understand ozone?
A debate has swirled about for years about the use of ozone generators for mold infestations. Some mold experts call ozone "useless" for mold treatment, while others strongly insist that ozone will kill mold.
In the ongoing saga regarding the effect of ozone on electronics, we did our own experiment that exposed a plastic bag, a small speaker, and a cell phone to high levels of ozone (much higher than 20 ppm) for a period of 5 days. Frankly, our meter does not go higher than 20 ppm, so with a 3000 mg/hr ozone cell in a box less than 2 foot square was super-intense.